These are the Editor's wiki technical notes. These notes will be of interest primarily to wiki users and webdevs.
There are some general remarks below the technical subpages index.
About this DokuWiki:
This is a tailored copy of DokuWiki. The idea is to create a theme that focuses attention on organized content as opposed to the wiki framework. So:
1) The wiki framework is visually deemphasized
2) Conceptual blocks are placed in separate white boxes on a dark background
The result should be readable even on smartphones.
Thoughts about DokuWiki:
If DokuWiki is configured and patched appropriately, it's both nice and simple. We like it:
1) No databases are needed. Pages are human-readable text files.
2) There are quite a few plugins. Some are obsolete, but many seem to work.
3) It's easy for developers to add their own text macros and/or plugins.
This said, tweaks are recommended. The subpages linked above discuss some of the changes involved.